Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Once upon a mattress

Long ago, in the dim reaches of the misty past, upon an ancient holiday known as "New Year's Eve," I had the kind of passing fancy traditionally called a "New Year's Resolution." I imagined myself engaging in the quaint folk habit, "getting enough sleep at night." Some time after that (perhaps the following Tuesday), I failed in that endeavor and in the more than three endless weeks since then, I have not ceased to fail. Tonight, however, the whim again comes to mind. What if I went to bed at such an hour that when it was time to wake up, I might be rested? It seems like such a crazy idea, but, you know what? I think I'm adventurous enough to do it, and this very night.

That is just my madcap, zany way.

1 comment:

flask said...

yeah, i recommend it. 9:30 is pretty much bedtime for me, unless its choir practice night (thursdays) because they keep us there until then, or on nights when i go out dancing.

yeah, yeah. it sounds all wild and stuff and maybe it is, but who can pass up contradancing at the capital city grange?

otherwise, early to bed for me.

it's lovely.