Monday, January 17, 2011

Day off

Today I had off from work because it is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. King was certainly a great man--in my opinion the greatest American of the 20th Century--and deserves to have a holiday in his honor.

That said, I did not observe it in any special way. I slept in. I bought birdseed and refilled the bird feeders. I loaded the dishwasher. I did a load of laundry.

While I was driving around town, I also went to a gas station. Although my tank was only half empty I figured why not fill up before the price of gas goes up even further. On my way, I saw that there was water over the road on the Hannegan; that would be the Nooksack River overflowing its banks. I wished I had my camera to take a picture, but I didn't.

Now it is the night before the first day of work of the week. I hope it's a good work week.

No comments: