Friday, January 14, 2011

Driving around

I met some a friend and some of her friends at The Copper Hog in Bellingham after work. She was happy because she's leaving a job where she's been unhappy and found the kind of work she's been wanting to do for some time. So, I'm happy for her, and I sure hope it works out well.

When I left, I got in my car, navigated a couple one-way streets and promptly got lost. I have a genetic condition, shared by all my siblings, where I get lost almost every time I go somewhere that's not someplace I go regularly and frequently. Generally, it starts when I see a street name that's familiar, so I turn onto it, hoping I'm turning in the direction that will take me where I want to go. I am always wrong.

So I drove around strange, dark areas of Bellingham and into Fairhaven trying to find my way home. I eventually found my way back to downtown Bellingham and thence home again.

1 comment:

flask said...

not only does that happen to me, but then the wrong turn becomes part of my memory as a place i've been so then THAT looks familiar, and i think you know where that's going.

ever heard of a game called geocaching?

it almost makes a sport out of getting lost.

maybe you should play it.