Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Things I've planted lately: sunny side

Although it was not a sunny day when I took these pictures, this is the sunny side of the deck.



Six pots of hidcote lavender. Also, in the 1/2-barrel with the trellis (honeysuckle, a perennial), I've planted petunias, and in the furthest 1/2-barrel, with the contorted filbert tree, I've planted verbena. Neither are flowering yet.


Two pots of lavandula dentata and, in the brown pot on the white stand, lotus vine -- which will trail over the pot and get gorgeous flaming blooms. In the green pot are "volunteer" pansies; i.e., I did not have to buy and plant them, they "just growed."


One pot with two colors of callie or calibrachoa. They get pretty blooms, as you see. I've seen them described as "mini-petunias"; they are trumpet-shaped, like petunias, but smaller.


Two plants I forget the names of. I chose them because their small leaves and blooms are in scale with these small pots. I bought the small pots a year or two ago because they have a fleur-de-lis on them.

No comments: