Friday, May 11, 2012

Soft in the evening

I sat outside for little while in the cool of the evening, and it was delightful


Eventually the evening became a little too cool, and then I came inside.

I so wanted to find a nice video of people singing "His Sheep Am I," but I could only find some good instrumentals or some less-than-professional-level singing. Some even less than others. If you know what I mean.

So I opted for a nice piano version with the words shown so you can sing them in your mind.



At least one typo ("fair" should be "fare").

We sang this in my Bible study in San Jose and I loved to hear the men's and women's voices on their different parts in the chorus. I'll just have to remember it in my mind's ear. I loved in that Bible study that the leader called us "brothers" and "sisters." "Now the brothers sing; now the sisters." There really is something beautiful about loving each other as brothers and sisters. It's tender and -- why should I be embarrassed to use the word? -- pure. (Something's very wrong when we can make off-color remarks with a hard face but we're embarrassed to mention purity.) To love as brothers and sisters is tender and pure and sweet. I recommend it.