Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peeking

The robin I wrote about a week or more ago, who was building a nest, has mated and they are sitting on eggs in the nest on the drainpipe under the upper deck. I realized this weekend that they were living there, and I am trying to give them their space, although I also really would like to look at them. This evening I came to that side of the deck, just sticking my fingers into each hanging pot to see if the soil was moist, and when I got to the pot where I could see the nest, I snuck a peek. Mother Robin was in the nest, very still, but I could see her eyes. As soon as our eyes met, she burst out of the nest and flew into our pin oak where she sat chirping loudly. I came back in the house almost immediately, so I trust she was not too disturbed.

No comments: