Saturday, May 26, 2012

Aaaah, Saturday morning

A delightful Saturday morning on the deck.


I had a cup of coffee (which I drank before taking this picture), Jane Austen's Persuasion, two little plants I need to plant (needlepoint ivy and portulaca, aka moss rose), and a glass of water.

Yes, I realize my water glass bears the images of Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig; all my other glasses were in the dishwasher. This is my oldest glass, a hand-me-down from a college roommate. It has survived -- perhaps through rarity of use -- while at least one other full set of glasses has come and gone and been replaced.


It was mighty warm in the sunshine on the deck. My dog was panting. The shallow dish behind him is his water dish and he did have access to the shade, which he later took advantage of.


My French lavenders were drooping their pretty heads in the hot sun. A little while after I took this picture, I watered all my plants, including these poor dears.

No comments: