Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hello mudda

'Twas the night before Mother's Day and all through the house things were pretty ready, except for food preparation.

Tomorrow I host our traditional Mother's Day lunch, so that none of the moms in the local family have to do any of the work.

I had really hoped to have more done on my deck, especially since the weather is supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow. I wanted to empty out the pond, clean it of the winter's scum, fill it with clean water, and set up the fountain. That is a several-hour job. Perhaps if I had not had a hair appointment today I could have gotten it done. But I did have a hair appointment, and I didn't get it done.

Let us not repine. Even if the deck is not set up, it still will be beautiful weather and a lovely family get-together. They don't call me "Pollyanna" for nothing. (Actually, no one calls me "Pollyanna.")

And my hair looks nice.

No comments: