Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

Today begins Holy Week. We had a good Palm Sunday service. The little children waved palm branches while we sang, and a group of girls maybe 6th grade age did a dance while we sang. They were so happy and excited to do what they were doing that I cried. For some reason, the sight of happy beautiful young people makes me cry; it's so beautiful.

During this week, I am going to avoid the political blogs I often read. Politics tends to make me sad, angry, and frustrated, but without purpose. My major political action is to vote in most elections. I do that according to my conscience, but I am not called to do that right now. I want to spend more time thinking about the Lord Jesus Christ and walk with him in my thoughts when I can in the events and places of this week.

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion;
shout, O daughter of Jerusalem:
behold, thy King cometh unto thee:
he is just, and having salvation;
lowly, and riding upon an ass,
and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

(Zechariah 9:9)

Blessings upon you, my readers. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cry when the kids are up front, too, Jan. Good idea to take a break from politics.