Sunday, April 17, 2011

First green

After I got home from Hi Hoe Nursery yesterday, the sun came out. I didn't want to waste the sunshine, so I went out to sit outside in an Adirondack chair, with a glass of water, a cup of coffee, and my dog.

I made two trips. The second trip was the dog and the coffee. My dog was so excited that I said to myself it might have been a bad idea to have the jumping dog and the hot coffee on the same trip.

My dog did not cause a spill, but when I put the cup down on the arm of the chair then sat down, I jiggled the chair and caused a coffee slosh-over.


I moved the coffee to the other arm. I was afraid the spilled coffee would stain the wood, but once it dried you really couldn't see it.


I looked around and enjoyed the sunshine. My dad has a contorted willow that got a disease and a tree surgeon cut away quite a bit of it. That was a few years ago. This spring it looks a little fuller again.


I love that shrubs and trees are starting to green up. A lot trees are still pretty bare, but many are getting "Nature's first green," which is "gold."


"Her hardest hue to hold."

No comments: