Sunday, April 17, 2011

At the nursery

Yesterday was alternating between beautiful and rainy. At one of the beautiful moments, I decided to go to my favorite nursery, Hi Hoe Nursery, east of Lynden. It is a nice place to hang out, as well as to buy plants. It's a large place, with rows of trees growing as you drive up the long driveway, a house, where presumably the owners live, several greenhouses and other shelters, and areas of wonderful landscaping.

Here is an entrance to their "secret garden," one of my favorite nooks:


Around the corner, another entrance, seen from the garden, looking back at a shelter where thy have shade plants.


This is a taller version of my own contorted filbert. Hi Hoe is where I bought mine.


I love this tree with the green leaf buds and green lichen and moss. How beautiful.


And what's not to love about this moss-covered roof, the yellow forsythia and the sense of shelter, quiet, and growth here?

No comments: