Saturday, April 23, 2011

The forepart of the morning

Today was finally a perfect spring day. I had my morning coffee and some pop tarts sitting in an Adirondack chair in the sunshine on my deck.


I was accompanied by my most faithful companion.


The pansies are blooming--though something keeps munching the purple pansies. I keep checking the pot for a snail or slug, but haven't seen one.


My dog got a little drink out of the pond.


That reminds me of a story my sister once told me, back when she taught first grade. She drank from a drinking fountain and a little boy in her class watched, then commented, "I didn't know teachers got a drink." Reminds me of the time at Calvin when I saw  my religion prof coming out of the men's room. Really? Him?

He was a prof who told us that people don't really like to realize that Baby Jesus needed his diapers changed. But it's true. It was not a frivolous observation, it was to understand the reality of the Incarnation.

No comments: