Saturday, April 23, 2011

The afternoon

In the afternoon, I spent quite a bit of time transplanting plants. This wallflower is a survivor from last year. It was root bound in a small pot, so I put it in this larger one. It seemed a bit long and rangy, so I trimmed it down a bit, then decided also to put some bacopa around the bottom to offset the height. The flowers of this plant smell delicious.


I transplanted a total of 16 fuchsia starts into four baskets, which later I will hang up. And I made some pots of geraniums with bacopa that later I'll put upstairs on my parents' deck. I like them to see flowers when they look out their window.


By "later" I mean Mother's Day, the traditional day, locally, that the danger of frost is past. Although today was lovely, we're supposed to revert to rainy and chilly for another 10 days, starting tomorrow.

If so, the weather is backwards: lovely and mild on Good Friday, the sad, somber day, and rainy and miserable on Easter, the day of new life and hope. It was hard to believe, today, that tomorrow would rain. We'll see.

No comments: