Saturday, July 30, 2011

What a revoltin' development

I haven't written for a couple days because I haven't felt that well--I have a bad leg. I did have a sore knee, then I rubbed an ointment on it, intending to soothe the ache. Instead I got a severe allergic reaction to the ointment to the point that my knee is covered with a weeping rash and my whole leg is swollen. So on this lovely summer Saturday, I'm limping around the house trying to think of ways to elevate my leg while still sitting comfortably. How I wish I had just stuck with Advil and Tylenol.

However, I am happy to report that I did see a hummingbird at my feeder this morning. It probably is a question of happening to look out the window at the right moment. I usually have a book or my Kindle in front of my eyes.

Currently reading on my Kindle: Mansfield Park. When all else fails, read Jane Austen.

I'm also following my sister to Alaska--vicariously, via her trip blog.

No comments: