Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday

I sat out on the deck this morning for my morning coffee and pop tart (brown sugar cinnamon). The sun was so strong, it was really too warm to sit out, but I put on a hat to shade my eyes and a tank top to expose my arms and sat there anyway to read and consume. I finished reading a little essay I bought on my Kindle (a "Kindle single") called "Jesus Is My Gardener," by Wade Graham. He's a landscaper in Los Angeles, California, and the essay concerns Jesus (Jesús), the head of his lawn maintenance crews. Jesus and his fellow workers are from Mexico. It's a good little essay.


While I was sitting, reading, eating, sipping, my dog was outside with me, on his chain. Several times I heard a noise and looked up to see he had wandered around a couple posts, tangled up his chain, and was stuck. So I would have to put down my book and my coffee cup and go drag him around the posts in the opposite direction he had wound himself, to get him free. When he gets stuck he just stands and looks at me. He's helpless but hopes and trusts I will come rescue him.

Now I am going to drive to Muddy Waters coffee stand to buy a 16-ounce latte with a package of raw sugar for my dad, a 12-ounce mocha for my mom, and a 16-ounce mocha for myself, and I will sit and visit with my parents. Perhaps one of my out-of-state siblings will call while I'm there and I'll get on an extension and join the conversation.

Sometime this weekend my niece and I hope to go see the Harry Potter movie.

No comments: