Monday, July 4, 2011

African Violet

I got this plant--when? I can't remember, but it was a gift, part of a pot of plants sent with a get-well message when I had a medical procedure probably a year or more ago. I transplanted all the plants from that gift into pots that are on the counter by my kitchen window. The African Violet had blooms when I received it, they lasted a long time, then went away, and now, look, new blooms are starting.


I'm so happy to do well with an African Violet. A dozen or more years ago, I tried to grow one in my office and nearly killed it, so I gave it to my brother-in-law, who has a gift for growing them. So I was afraid I would not be able to take good care of this one, but it's doing great. My kitchen counter and window must give the right light and temperature for it.

I like purple flowers. Other colors, too, of course, but purple has that certain something.

No comments: