Thursday, July 14, 2011

Good things come to those who wait

Ever since Monday I've been waiting, and now it's almost here: Friday. I've noticed that if you wait long enough, the weekend comes back. It only stays a short time, but then you wait some more and it comes again. My job stress goes up and down, day by day and sometimes hour by hour.

To comfort myself, I have turned to Georgette Heyer. First I read The Reluctant Widow, which I already had on my Kindle, and now I have downloaded The Talisman Ring. Well enough written to be a pleasure, witty enough to be funny, light enough to soothe.

In the spirit of counting my blessings, I'll mention that I answered a telephone survey this evening for some research group regarding health issues of Washingtonians. Based on the questions they asked me, I'm glad I don't have heart problems or a stroke, that I have not been the victim of domestic violence, that I don't struggle to be able to buy sufficient food, and that various other unpleasant things have not happened to me. In spite of my stress over my current job situation, I really am blessed.

No comments: