Thursday, August 1, 2013

Missing you

Liver enzyme count was even higher today. The vet says there's just some toxin in his system that his liver is processing. There's no way to speed the process, just support his system with fluids and antibiotics while it's happening.

The vet assured me that he's getting lots of attention from the staff there and doesn't seem mopey or depressed. He said it would be fine if I came to visit for a while, but because I work in Bellingham I would have to leave work early to get there before the vet's office closes.  I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll have to leave work early to pick the pup up and take him home, so I didn't go today.

Each day they draw blood and check the levels. I won't know till about noon tomorrow whether he still has to stay or whether he can come home.

 
No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. 
- Christopher Morley

No comments: