Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weather report

Overnight we received a very tiny bit of snow. Here is the deck, after my dog and I walked across it on our way to start his morning walk:


Side note: Every winter when it snows, it's a fresh discovery to me that I walk with my toes pointed out a bit. I'm the opposite of pigeon-toed.

The temperature was above freezing this morning. Under the noble fir tree, you could hear the melting snow dripping:



The snow was heavy, wet, and slushy.



A significant amount disappeared during the sunlit hours, but when a significant amount also remained by the time the sun went down. The temperature dropped below freezing, the slush froze and became crunchy, and damp spots on the pavement became black ice. We might get more snow tonight and over the next few days, although they use words like "light" and "flurries," so I guess we won't get deep accumulation. Looks like cold temperatures for a while, though.

No comments: