Saturday, January 7, 2012

A clean sweep

Well, I drove the tree to the school and they took it off my hands. Then I came home and swept up the needles, put the furniture back in place -- including bringing back from the guest room the rocking chair, end table, and lamp whose place the Christmas tree had usurped. I put the boxes of ornaments in the furnace room, boxed up my Nativity set, and put my advent wreath, tree topper, and nutcracker into their boxes, put everything in the furnace room, brought back out items that had been displaced for Christmas decorations, threw the red tablecloth into the wash and now Christmas is completely gone from my house.

I've read that for Anglicans the time between Epiphany and Ash Wednesday is the season of Epiphany while for Catholics Epiphany is one day only and from then until Ash Wednesday is ordinary time. I feel Catholic about the time right now.

No comments: