Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thawing

Today the temperature is up above freezing, in the 40s, so the snow is melting, but things are still slushy and slippery. I thought I should shovel our front walk and at least make a path to the mailbox for my parents.


Here is the front sidewalk cleared off.

Here is the path to the mailbox.
I ended up staying out there a couple hours and cleared off the whole driveway, but I didn't take a picture of the clean driveway before I came in. Maybe I'll get a picture when I go get coffee for me and my parents.

While I was working, I had my dog's leash hooked over the knob of the side door into the garage. Later my dad came out (safely walking on clean pavement to the mailbox) and took pity on him and brought him in to stay with them until I was done.

Patiently waiting.
Here's the other fun thing about winter weather. No wonder it's my fourth favorite season.

Sloppy boots.
Oh, well. It was a workout and a labor of love.

No comments: