Sunday, June 26, 2011

Part of the job

Perfect summer day today. Sunny but not at all hot.


I pottered around on the deck, cleaned away old starter pots and so on, and did some sweeping. I didn't get the whole deck swept, but a good part of it. I got distracted partway through with the need to weed on the west side of the house and make more progress planting the Veronica. I'll be so glad when all those are planted, but it's a big job. Weeding was dirty, sweaty work at which spiders kept showing up uninvited. In handling the starter pots, I twice made finger contact with a slug, causing me to exclaim loudly, "Ew! Bachy! Gross!" I didn't get the whole place weeded and planted either. I did part of two jobs, weeding/planting and sweeping.

I gave all the potted plants some Miracle-Gro, so that was one job that I completed the whole of. The fuchsias are starting to get blooms. They're not completely open yet.


I'm glad to see them. Last year we had such a late summer that my fuchsias didn't bloom until August, if I recall correctly.

And I did take some time to just sit around and enjoy the deck, which is, after all, the whole point.

No comments: