Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Experience Grand Rapids

Well, I was wondering what to blog about when I came across this video at the Hot Air website.



Dear old Grand Rapids. I went to Calvin College there and then lived there a couple years afterwards. I worked at Modern Hardware, a hardware store--not the computer kind--as a cashier. Apparently there was a Newsweek item that said Grand Rapids was a dying city, and this group was offended by that and made a video expressing their love of their city. It's fun, touching, and well-done. It was filmed in one take! Love it.

Here is an article listing some of the participants. I knew I recognized Bing Goei. I met him a decade or two ago at the Multiethnic Conference (which I attended as a member of a Chinese church) held concurrently with the Christian Reformed Church Synod.

I gather this video went viral last week. I guess I'm a little behind the curve.

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Great video. I'd missed it, too. It gave me shivers. I've always loved that song.