Thursday, June 2, 2011

Parades and feet

Well, hooray, tomorrow's Friday. On Saturday, I plan to observe the Farmers Day Parade from a friend's front porch, who lives on the parade route. She told me she wouldn't be home but her husband will and the house is open to whoever wants to come for their traditional "parade party." The parade starts at 10:30 a.m., which means I'll have to wake up early--for a Saturday.

On another topic, I know the question the world is asking itself is, What about Jan's feet? I'll provide an update on that important and fascinating topic. My new walking shoes and the taking of Tylenol and Advil (when I remember) and a little bit of Achilles-tendon stretching (when I remember) are alleviating the plantar fasciitis. However, the new shoes have also given me a nasty blister on the bottom of the "ring toe," so to speak, of my right foot. So that's hampering my stride now and causing a surprisingly high level of discomfort, aka pain. "It's always something," as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say.

No comments: