Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Whether the weather should be a bellwether of my mood

Are weather reports really worthwhile? Last week I was bummed out because I read a prediction for four days of freezing rain or frozen mix, but it never happened. Perhaps the bumming out was compensated for by the extra level of happiness that the weather was better than expected. Or would I have been happy with the weather anyway, had I been spared bummerdom?

Now, people at work said we're supposed to get snow tonight. I looked at a weather forecast and it said so too. I wondered if it was snowing even now, but I didn't want to get up to look at the window because my dog is sleeping on my foot. That is so precious that I won't disturb him. So I checked the Lynden webcam, and as of this blogging there is no snow on the roads or sidewalks at the corner of Sixth and Front.

If it's going to snow, there's nothing I can do to stop it. If it's not going to snow, why should I spend time thinking about it?

My dog still sleeps peacefully on my foot. Sufficient unto this day is both the good and the evil thereof.

1 comment:

flask said...

weather systems often affect my mood. a drop in barometric pressure makes me cranky and want a nap.

forecasts affect my mood in that ones i like make he happy. to the good, i have a forecaster who's very detailed and very accurate.

and unrelated to anything YOU'VE said (which is always a (oooh, look! a squirrel!)in any conversation that involves me), this morning i posted a new version of my song willow, which i thought i'd like to share with you.

one of the things about being a church musician is that you have to stay ahead of the liturgical year; i'm sure you understand.

anyway, so you don't have to click through my blog, here's the direct link: http://web.me.com/flask/flask/Podcast/Entries/2011/2/23_willlow%3A_two_versions.html