Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Importance

Today I left as many minutes early as I worked late last night, even though in general I've been trying to save my comp time for an upcoming dentist visit. (Please pass the nitrous oxide.)

Last night I worked late to get some documents ready for a meeting this morning. It seemed important at the time, but then driving home I felt extra tired and wondered why I stole that time from my evening. I asked myself, Are these people's divorces more important than my time with my family? And by my family I mean my dog.

Perhaps in the cosmic scheme of things, our clients' family issues are more important than my dog's dinner and walk. Perhaps. But in my personal accounting system, my dog is far more important than any client who comes to the office.

He loves me more.


And I love him.

No comments: