Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hear the Wind Blow

It's been so windy by where I live that yesterday I hunted up this song on the internet:

Down in the valley,
Valley so low,
Hang your head over,
Hear the wind blow.

Hear the wind blow, love,
Hear the wind blow.
Hang your head over,
Hear the wind blow.

If you don't love me,
Love whom you please.
Throw your arms round me;
Give my heart ease.

Give my heart ease, dear;
Give my heart ease.
Throw your arms round me;
Give my heart ease.

Roses love sunshine.
Violets love dew.
Angels in heaven
Know I love you.

Know I love you, dear,
Know I love you.
Angels in heaven
Know I love you.

Here's a nice version of that song. A pretty song, simply sung:



The first verse is quoted in the front pages of the novel Christy, by Catherine Marshall.



It's been many, many years since I read Christy, although it was a novel I read frequently in my teen years, along with Catherine Marshall's other famous book, A Man Called Peter, about her husband Peter Marshall.



Again, it's been a long time since I read it. I have very positive memories of both books. I'll have to look them up again.

No comments: