Saturday, February 5, 2011

Today

This is today's sky. It was cloudy today, but not cold. I sat outside on my deck in an Adirondack chair. If the air is mild enough and the chair is dry enough, I will sit. I had just come back from my walk with my dog. I would have liked to sit longer but, in a strange reversion of how it would seem things should be, I had to go indoors to answer the call of nature.


This afternoon, I enjoyed a happy milestone, which was my first purchase of flowers this year. I bought pansies in three colors. This yellow-purple combination.


This mauve flower.


And a purple pansy. This plant had a large, beautiful, open purple bloom, but as I was driving home, I braked at a stoplight and my purse, which weighed approximately six tons (it contained not only my Kindle but a paperback copy of Jane Eyre), rolled off the passenger seat and onto the flowers, breaking the stem of the purple bloom.


Although there are these signs of spring, my dog is still wearing his shaggy winter coat.

1 comment:

flask said...

flowers! we just got another foot of snow yesterday! i'm still working on my awesome snowhouse! i can't think about flowers! it's still ski season!