Thursday, December 2, 2010

Puppy dog on the half shell

Yesterday when I took my dog on his evening walk, I noticed on the homeward stretch that I was hearing a clicking. I moderated my own steps to see if my own shoes were making the noise, but no. Then I watched my dog walk and sure enough the clicking corresponded to his walking. It was not his little toenail clicks that he makes on the floors inside. It was a bigger click. He didn't limp at all, but I wondered if a small rock had gotten stuck between his toes.

When we got inside, I dried each of his paws with a small towel because it had been wet out and his feet were muddy. When I got to one of his hind feet, this half shell of some kind of nut popped off his foot and clattered to the floor.


He hadn't acted distressed by having it on his paw, but he did show signs of happiness once it was gone. Funny little dog.

No comments: