Sunday, December 19, 2010

Late night TV

I try to post every day, and I noticed it was 11:59 p.m., so I had to write a one-word post to make it under the wire. It's late Saturday night, or I guess now it's early, very early, Sunday morning.

I channel-surfed and came across a show with and about Susan Boyle, the 47-year-old woman who wowed the judge and audience on "Britain's Got Talent" a year or two ago. They judged from her frumpy appearance that she was just foolish to come out on a stage, but then she sang "I Dreamed a Dream" from the musical Les Miserables and stunned them all. A video of her performance went viral on youtube, starting from footage of her eating a sandwich, looking very ordinary, to everyone sneering and rolling their eyes at her when she walks onstage, and ending with her going backstage having stunned the audience, the judges, and the show MCs with her singing. The video makes me cry every time I watch it..

No comments: