Monday, October 4, 2010

Sunday night

Still cloudy and cool, but not cold, today. Still working my way through Wolf Hall.

Since I have nothing much to mention, here's the Old Testament reading from today's lectionary, in which I have emphasized the part that seems most beautiful to me, although I have no special application for it:

Hab 1:2-3; 2:2-4

How long, O LORD? I cry for help
but you do not listen!
I cry out to you, "Violence!"
but you do not intervene.
Why do you let me see ruin;
why must I look at misery?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and clamorous discord.
Then the LORD answered me and said:
Write down the vision clearly upon the tablets,
so that one can read it readily.
For the vision still has its time,
presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint;
if it delays, wait for it,
it will surely come, it will not be late.
The rash one has no integrity;
but the just one, because of his faith, shall live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, this post reminded me of a new book I think you might like (and I might like and I've also recommended to Cori): Seeking God's Face by Philip Reinders.
http://www.faithaliveresources.org/Seeking-Gods-Face

Janette Kok said...

Thanks, Mave, I'll check out your link. LysJK