Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday morning

Oops. I went to bed last night and didn't post. I thought of it after I was under the covers, all cuddled up with my puppy, and I decided it would have to slide. Sometimes I'm just so tired at night. The nice thing about Friday night is that I don't have an appointed time I have to wake up on Saturday morning, so I can sleep out my full sleep. Work day mornings I have to force myself awake when I don't want to wake up. What I should do, I suppose, is go to bed earlier, but then I feel like all I do is work and sleep. I like a little time to myself in the evenings, so I steal it from my sleep.

This morning when I got up the sky was cloudy, but with breaks of blue.


I like cloudy, cool weather, mist, light rain. No rain today, and the clouds have cleared off, but still cool. It is Fall, now. My dad is mowing the lawn.



I sat on my deck a little while this morning. The 1/2-barrels on the other side of the pond have double impatiens in the middle, with creeping jenny (lysimachia nummularia) around the edges. Some of it did grow up and cascade over the sides as was my intent. Next year I think I'll buy more creeping jenny plants, hoping to utterly hide the barrels with vegetation.

No comments: