Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beautiful sky

Last night, for some reason, I was so extra tired that I stumbled off to bed early and I never even remembered that I should write a blog post. I'm tired tonight, too. Maybe it's the change in seasons, I don't know.

So this evening when I got out of my work place, a little later than usual because of a busy day and then chatting with another person in the office down the hall, it was a beautiful twilight. The sunset afterglow was behind the horizon, and I could see glimpses of the water of Bellingham Bay with the hump silhouettes of land across the water--the peninsula of the Lummi Reservation, Lummi Island, Portage Island--with the colored sky behind. I happened to have my camera in my purse, so I decided to go to the end of my workplace parking lot, where there is a park bench then a downward slope, and I would have an unobstructed view, so I could take a picture. Well, as I got close, a rat ran from the bench to the bushes on the slope. But it didn't run into the bushes, just lingered in front of them. I decided not to go over there. Bleah. Ick. Yuck. Gross. Rats are filthy, horrid, disgusting, vile vermin.

As I walked back to my car, however, I did take a picture of the moon and Venus, which were clear and bright. It's about a 3/4 moon.

No comments: