Saturday, October 23, 2010

Light in the window

Here's a picture of the window in my new door with daylight coming through. I couldn't get a picture like that until today, Saturday, because we're in the time of year when I spend most of my daylight hours in the office Monday through Friday. However, on the advice of my doctor I am taking 4,000 IUs of Vitamin D every day, as a sunlight substitute. What life, eh? Still I feel no urge to complain that my life is anything less than very, very blessed.

In this door, you can't touch the leading or beveled glass because there's a full pane of clear glass on each side of the window. Without that, I think, a many-paned window would tend to let in cold air. My old door let in lots of cold air, as well as daylight around the edges because it no longer fit properly. This door is snug and solid.


I like pictures of windows with light coming through them.

In traditional churches it's so pretty when light comes through either clear or stained glass that has many segments. My church here in Lynden, Third Christian Reformed Church, has pretty windows and, in fact, a very attractive sanctuary altogether. That was part of what drew me back. I just checked out our church website and there are no pictures there of the interior of the church. We probably take it for granted. I wonder if it would be inappropriate for me to bring my camera with me to church and take pictures after the service? Maybe I should just try to go there on a day when the sanctuary is not in use.

2 comments:

flask said...

often when i visit churches i take photos after the service (with permission) and make them into photocollages.

if you care to look at them, you can find them here: http://web.me.com/flask/flask/photos/Pages/churches.html

my home church is beautiful and often photographed, painted, or drawn. our building is full of portraits of our church by different artists, and yet we do not feature any f these beautiful images on our website.

hmmm....

well, if a thing shoudl be done, someone should volunteer. and since i can only volunteer myself, i gotta go.

blessings.

Janette Kok said...

Your photos are beautiful.