Saturday, May 16, 2009

Looking around

The lower deck, looking to the right. This is the shady side. Here is where the hanging plants are. The down side of the hanging plants is when I move around the deck for some other reason, I tend to bump my head into these planters. It doesn't hurt my head so much, but it sends the planters swinging wildly.


The lower deck looking to the left. This is the sunny side.


The sunny side of the lower deck viewed from the upper deck.


On the upper deck, some geraniums I have planted for my parents' enjoyment. These two I planted a while back. Today I added two white bacopas to trail out of it. The bacopa that's between the geraniums suffered from the long wait in the little pot, so I cut off all the shriveled leaves, and I'm hoping it makes a comeback.


Today I planted another geranium with two more bacopas and added the pot to the upstairs. So when Mom and Dad come out on their deck, or look out their family room windows, they can see some flowers, too.



The name "bacopa" made me start thinking of and even singing portions of the old Barry Manilow hit "Copa Cabana." I've never liked that song much. It's hokey, and the words don't fit into the melody. However, it's floating around in my brain.

No comments: