Saturday, May 30, 2015

Driving Mr. Doggy

It's such a beautiful day in Western Washington, I took my parents for a drive to Birch Bay. My dog was with us, and he was so excited/nervous to be in the car that he panted loudly and incessantly for the duration of the drive.

He was in the back seat with my dad but would frequently put his front paws on the center console between the front seats so that his face was between me and my mom. Panting loudly and incessantly.

Sometimes I would try to push him back with my hand or elbow him back with my arm, but that doesn't help with the driving, so a few times I just turned my head and blew in his face. Dogs don't like that. He would retreat for a little while. Eventually, when I just turned my head even without blowing at him, he would wince and draw back.

I remember when Ellen Degeneres did stand-up, she said (approximately), "My dog hates it when I blow in his face. You know who else hates it? My grandmother." Ba-dum ching. Thanks, folks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

No comments: