Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mornings

I'm not a morning person, but mornings when I don't have to go to work are not so bad, especially when the weather is nice and I can enjoy my deck.

Yesterday when I went outside it was already hot! Imagine that. So I sat on the shady side of the deck in the rocker.


I brought my faithful companion out with me and attached his chain to the bench next to me, thinking he would want to be near me. I tossed his bed on the deck nearby. (I bring a bed out for him so he doesn't have to lie on the stone surface.) But he chose the sunlight and went to the end of his chain to lie in the sun against the door.


I enjoyed sitting quietly in front of St. Francis...



... and feeding my color sense by gazing at the red begonias.



It's hard to capture in a photograph, but when you see them with your eyes these red flowers almost glow. They seem as though they are surrounded by a black line and the color vibrates inside the outline.

Here's a panorama of my near view (with the fountain sound effect):



Eventually, the pup had enough sun and came over to his bed in the shade.


This morning, I was up earlier and was able to sit on the sunny side. A perfect morning.


I had my two cups of coffee because I knew I would want a second cup. Oh, wait. Did I say a perfect morning? I meant almost perfect. One more thing...


Now it's perfect.

No comments: