Thursday, July 5, 2012

I just did something

I just ordered a book from Amazon, and I got a laugh because when my order was complete it offered me a Facebook and Twitter option to post "I just ordered 'Ottoman Centuries' by Lord Kinross." It struck me as funny because it just seems like overkill to post "I just did that." I thought it's as if I would post, "I just flushed the toilet."

Everywhere you go you can Facebook or tweet, and some people worry about the privacy aspect of that. Who knows who's spying on you? That's true, but also if every detail of everybody's lives were made public wouldn't we mostly just die of boredom reading about each other? The only people who care where I am and what I'm doing at any given time are the people who care about me, and that's a miniscule portion of the world's population.

Update: I just drank some coffee.

No comments: