Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday afternoon

This afternoon I went to my sister-in-law's place. Our lovely fall weather is continuing. I love this bed of little pansies, which are all "volunteers."


The marigolds stay good late into the season. They are in the vegetable garden to act as a slug repellent.


My sister-in-law thought she was planting zucchini but got these lumpy yellow gourds. I suggested she harvest them and use them in her table decorations for Thanksgiving.


Same with these little pumpkins. We are at or near freezing temperatures at night now, so "The frost is on the punkin."


Just a couple of sweet peas were still clinging to their stems.


And a few roses ('Tis the last rose of summer / Left blooming on the vine).


Here's my sister-in-law cutting me a bouquet of larkspur. We were out in her garden because I'd caught sight of the purple blooms from a window.


Here's my sister-in-law's cat. His name should be Nimrod, but it's not.

No comments: