Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Occlusionally

Yesterday I received an occlusal guard from my dentist. It's supposed to keep me from grinding my teeth at night. Although my sleeping partner:

Your teeth seem okay to me.
How do mine look to you?
has never mentioned to me that I grind my teeth in my sleep, my dentist deduced that I do based on the condition of my teeth. They warned me when I received my occlusal guard that it might feel awkward at first and it could take a few weeks to get used to wearing it. I wore it last night for the first time, and it did feel weird but not too uncomfortable. What I chiefly objected to was the taste, but I intend to persevere so that I do not wear my molars down to little nubs.

This is about as much detail as I can go into. Much of what is involved in dentistry and proper dental care grosses me out, even though I am very thankful to be able to receive good dental care.

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Thank you for withholding details. I, too, am a delicate flower and cannot bear to think about anything related to the mouth.

Ahem.