Saturday, October 22, 2011

A fall Saturday

Earlier today (before the downpour), I went to see my great-nephew playing soccer. Here's a pretty good action shot of him.


He's the one with the yellow shirt and the long hair. I spotted him in the field while I was still driving around looking for parking because of his hair.

Here are his mom, my niece, and his "granny," my sister-in-law.


Afterwards I stopped off at Muddy Waters Espresso drive-through for some hot, caffeinated beverages for my folks and me.


At this time of year I enjoy seeing this bush around Lynden. It puts on some brilliant fall color. It is appropriately called a Burning Bush or Fire Ball.


Some local trees are also getting red leaves ...


... but it seems to me that yellow or golden leaves are the more typical around here.


The big maple in our cul-de-sac is starting to turn yellow. (I'm pretty sure it's a maple, based on the shape of the leaves.)



I love this tree's massive, bumpy, mossy trunk and limbs.


This is the kind of tree that could have been an ent.

No comments: