Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sleep deprivation

Well, the last two nights I was at a prayer seminar at my church about using the Lord's Prayer as a model for prayer

Living Prayer: The Lord's Prayer Alive in You

It was pretty decent.

Then last night after I got home I stayed up late finishing Home: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson. It is a companion volume to Gilead: A Novel. The story in Home takes place at the same time and place as the story in Gilead, but each novel focuses on a different character. The main characters in one are supporting characters in the other. So now I'm re-reading Gilead.

But really tonight I should get to bed at a decent hour. Last night when I got in to bed very late after finishing Home, I said to my dog, "Tomorrow morning I will regret staying up so late tonight." And I did, although I don't regret reading the book.

No comments: