Wednesday, September 22, 2010

No glow

About my Kindle again. The screen does not glow, which means you need a light to read it by. That would be why one cover comes with a light. I hadn't really thought about it. A computer screen you can read in a dark room. In fact it lights the room up. When I wake up in the middle of the night and think that I might as well check my e-mail and Facebook accounts, the light that springs from the screen when I jiggle the mouse makes me wince. (I have sensitive eyes. I am a delicate flower.) Last night, I wondered if I could take my Kindle to bed and read, even though my headboard light has a burned-out bulb. But when I turned off the light, no glow from the Kindle screen. So I guess I should replace that light bulb. Meanwhile, Amazon does seem to sell a separate light for the Kindle as well. But I'm not in a big hurry for it. I'm not one to read in bed a lot anyway. I'm more comfortable on the couch and will read there until I get so sleepy that I must stagger off to bed. In fact, I think I'll go do that now.

No comments: