Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fuchsia starts

There was one day this week I was able to leave work early. I think it was Wednesday. I stopped at Haggen and bought fuchsia starts for a dollar each.

I bought two different colors. One color is bigger than the other. I presume they are just slightly older plants.


These, too, are hanging baskets, but I am keeping them in a sheltered spot for now. My dad says you're not safe from frost around here until after Mother's Day. Sometimes that seems a long time to wait.


Gardening teaches you patience. I'm trying to think of pun on patience and impatiens but I guess I'm too sleepy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing my deck full of impatiens is trying my patience. harhar

Janette Kok said...

That's pretty good, Johnny, but that ain't the way I heered it. :-)