Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sunny winter day

I went outside to put some more seed in the bird feeder out back. It was a sunny morning.

I saw this black cat that I had never seen before. I am familiar with a number of the cats that come around our house. It's the birds at the bird feeder that attract them. I know my neighbor's calico, and a tabby that will be friends with me if I'm not accompanied by my dog, but I had never seen this guy before. He sat and looked at me when I talked to him, but he ran away when I walked closer.

After putting the bird seed in the feeder, I looked around the yard. Here is a red twig of our red-twig dogwood.

I took a stick, and I knocked all the water-sodden, rotten leaves out of the bird bath. A little rain will fill the bath for the birds.

Here you can see some of the sand the creek deposited on the yard when it flooded.

See how luxuriant the moss is on this tree. The sun touches it with yellow.

No comments: