Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finishing the backyard tour

Because that movie clip took so long to upload yesterday (I couldn't believe it), I didn't get done blogging my exciting backyard expedition.

Here is my dad's shed. That's a homey sight, flower pots, water barrels, a wheel barrow, and all. Some years, Dad has grown tomatoes in the windowed part.

We have this big bush. Usually one like this is shrub-size, but ours has grown as big as a tree. Birds like to go inside it.

Here's the back of our house. The lower deck is "mine," and the upper deck my parents. You can see my dad's sun room. When the weather is nice, he likes to sit out there to read his newspaper and drink some coffee.

The birdfeeders and bird bath from a different perspective.

Before going in, I checked the buds on my contorted filbert, which is in a pot on my deck. Most of my other potted plants seem to have perished in the cold winter, except some ivy. But the filbert looks fine.

No comments: