Sunday, February 15, 2009

First robins of the year

Speaking of birds, this morning I went to my car to go to church and two robins were fluttering around the Noble Fir tree on the east side of our house. I couldn't tell if they were in love or fighting over territory. My sister-in-law said you can tell males from females because the males' coloring is brighter, but these two had the light behind them, so their coloring was not clear to me.

Whether they were lovers or fighters, I was glad to see them because they signify that spring is near, even though next week the nighttime temps are still predicted to be freezing. The young woman who cuts my hair told me yesterday that she has seen some shoots from daffodil bulbs, and a lady at church has seen some crocus shoots, too. I haven't see that sign yet.

No comments: