Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Join the happy, peppy people

Tomorrow is my company picnic at a workplace I have only been since July. I asked a co-worker, "What's it like?" and got joking answers. What I was really looking for was an assurance that I would not have to play volleyball or go on a scavenger hunt.

Every party needs a pooper,
That's what we invited you fer.
Party pooper.
Party pooper.

I don't really want to be a party pooper, I am happy to talk and laugh and eat. I just don't want to play organized games or get pep talks.

Speaking of party poopers reminds me of the classic "I Love Lucy" Vitameatavegamin scene where she starts out asking, "Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular?" and after numerous doses of the highly alcoholic Vitameatavegamin she asks, "Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular?"

No comments: