Thursday, September 29, 2011

How high is the water, Mama?

Yesterday I left work early for a dentist appointment then delivered documents to a law office in Lynden. Since it was a beautiful day and not yet time for supper I stopped off at the City Park. Here is Fishtrap Creek, which runs through the park.


And here it is again. The temperature was so mild and perfect. I sat at a picnic table but soon noticed insect activity on the surface. I enjoy etymology but I'm not much of a student of entomology, so I got up again.


The creek is quite full, it seems to me, for this time of year. It should be lower at the end of summer and get higher again in the winter. But maybe it typically is higher yet than this in the winter. I don't come to the part much in winter. Anyway, a beautiful afternoon.

2 comments:

Mavis said...

What a great video. Johnny Cash was something.

Janette Kok said...

From the information at youtube, I guess the guy interviewing him was Pete Seeger.