Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My dogs are barking

Ever hear of plantar fasciitis? Ow. I just ordered some new shoes for when I walk my dog. My old walking shoes were so bad I threw them out, and I've been wearing slippers that have no support and pretty much no cushion under my feet. Getting even an ordinary sneaker under my foot while I walk on pavement should help. I need new work shoes, too, but one thing at a time.

Another thing that probably doesn't help is that, because I live in a basement apartment, the floor under my laminate flooring is cement. I realized the other day that when I walked across a patch of grass my feet felt better than when I walked on the sidewalk. Almost all my walking is done on hard surfaces, which jars the foot. Walking on grass or dirt would be better for me.

A lot of things would be better for me that I don't do. Last week at the dentist, they wondered why I don't clean between my teeth more thoroughly. When I go to the doctor, he wonders if I'll lose weight. And when I drag my car in for service, they wonder why I don't do the maintenance I should. Look, people, if I spent all my time flossing, exercising, eating wholesome food, and getting my oil changed, then when would I have time to randomly cruise the web, to browse Facebook, and to blog? Priorities, people. Priorities.

At least I take care of my dog. He gets his shots on time, his nails trimmed regularly, two walks a day, and expensive prescription dog food. Because he's worth it.

No comments: